I haven’t been posting much lately. That is because I have been packing boxes, making Goodwill runs, binge-watching The Good Wife and Mike & Molly during downtime moments, and trying to transform myself spiritually. Deadline is October 31, and I’m getting a little stressed.
Needless to say, I’ve been remiss in my blogging, and for that I am truly sorry. In lieu of deep metaphysical insight, I will take a quick moment to share a few bits and bobs with you:
- If you live in the U.S.A., voting is on November 4. If you don’t know for sure whether you’re registered, you can go here and find out. Many states have early voting or, if needed, absentee voting. Don’t miss this opportunity. The Mid-terms are actually more important than the Presidential elections when it comes to policy-making. Please, do your part and vote.
- If you are looking for a deep read, try The Untrue Story of You: How to Let Go of the Past that Creates You, and Become Fully Alive in the Present by Bryan Hubbard. It is a fascinating look at time, self, depression, and life.
- Think you’re a Doctor Who fan? Take the bad-a## Radiotimes Doctor Who quiz. I got 21 out of 30, which is respectable but not noteworthy. What did you get?
- Pope Francis is getting all open-minded and stuff on subjects like The Big Bang and Evolution. This Recovering Catholic is cautiously optimistic.
- Not to make you nervous or anything, but there’s a giant spot on the sun and (according to PBS) it’s acting weird.
- Orson Welles: New movie from beyond the grave?
- Finally, Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick return to Broadway in It’s Only a Play, because….well, Broadway.
Sorry I had no major insights or wisdom to share with you–I blame dust and Flonase. I promise to return with something more substantial when we finally land in Phoenix, Arizona.
Until then–stay safe, choose kindness, and VOTE.
Background Music: All About the (Upright) Bass by Postmodern Jukebox.
Sorry this spot has been vacant for the past few days. Dealing with life from inside a cocoon makes typing rather difficult. I’ll get back into the Zone sooner or later.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was not able to say good night last night. Hope you were all tucked in safely and had great dreams.
I’ve had a lot of changes in my life recently, and have thought about how to translate them to the written word. I hope you’ll stick around this site! I’ll post more when I have it.
Just wanted to post a quick note to let you know that I’ll be changing the focus of this blog slightly in the future. I have been pondering how I can bring my readers more value, and I think I have a really good plan. It’s in the works, and I’ll be posting more details soon. I’m really excited about this plan–keep watching this space!
Also, just a reminder that there are only 3 days left to order the Kindle version of All the Back Roads Home: Little Girl Lost at the special rate of $0.99! The Print on Demand version will be available next week.
Hi there. I’ve been busy again–please let me know how you like the new design. I’m not sure if I’m loving it or hating it. Please take a moment and let me know if the background is too busy.
Please take a moment to visit our new Affiliate Program page! Proceeds from this page will go towards getting a designated URL for the blog. Thanks.
I just spent an hour or so tagging and categorizing three years’ worth of posts. I can’t guarantee every post will have every appropriate tag, but at least there are no more Uncategorized posts. One day, when I catch my breath, I’ll go back and update the tags. I knew I should have been doing this from the start. Live and learn.
Holla, peoples. Have a good Memorial Day weekend.
Oh, wow. I just managed to overwrite my April 17 blog entry with my new one. I’m going to see if I can fix this. Sorry about that.
Just a shout out to Parker and Dawn! Thanks for following. I’ll try to be pithy and informative. And bring cookies….yeah, I’ll try to bring cookies.