Because you can never participate in too many memes (and because my friend Maya K. Bohnhoff did it first), here are Sixteen Random Facts you never knew you wanted to know about me.
1. At one point, I could sing the entire cast albums for Little Shop of Horrors, Les Miserables, Evita, Cats!, and Jesus Christ Superstar… without the records.
2. My three siblings and I were all adopted. None of us are blood-related.
3. I didn’t get my drivers license until three weeks before my 20th birthday.
4. I am addicted to documentaries, especially anything science-y. If it involves the evolution of the cosmos or a geologic dig, I’m glued to the tube. (Ancient Aliens is sheer crack. I’m not proud of it, but I love that show.)
5. I once flew on a plane from New Orleans to Miami with half the casts of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation. (Including Gene Roddenberry.)
6. In my 20s, I spent 28 days traveling through Europe and didn’t bring a camera.
7. One year later, I spent five days in New York City–and took six rolls of film!
8. I have never been drunk or high.
9. For about fifteen seconds in my teens, I considered becoming a nun. Then I woke up and became a pagan feminist.
11. I was a DJ at my college radio station. I did a jazz show.
12. I twirled a flag in high school marching band for four years. Me gots fierce upper body strength.
13. My siblings and I used to produce and perform mini-musical theater for our babysitter. We knew one dance step–shuffle-kick. It was epic.
14. I’ve been with my wife for almost 15 years. She was/is the first and only girlfriend I’ve ever had.
15. I never put syrup on pancakes. I either eat them with butter (and a bit of salt) or with peanut butter.
16, I am afraid of heights. Not because I’m scared of falling off the edge, but because I’m terrified my glasses will fall.
So. Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to know. Tagging BarbaraZ to follow.