It’s been a long day. The planet has turned another pirouette on its axis, and sleep is our reward for another day of life. I hope you’ve had a wonderful day, filled with joy and challenge and those amazing moments where everything just fits perfectly together.
However, if you’re at the end of your day and feeling a little less-than-stellar, perhaps I can help you find a little perspective.
In the course of this one day, you probably have:
- Taken approximately 20,000 breaths of pure, nourishing air.
- Daydreamed almost half the day (hope your daydreams were awesome!).
- Made at least one person smile or laugh.
- Completed at least one difficult task.
- Done something kind for another human being.
- Done something to make yourself feel proud.
These are no small tasks. These are things that, on their own, may seem insignificant, but strung together create a life of meaning.
And if that’s not enough for you, ponder this. At this very moment, somewhere in the world:
- A newborn is taking his or her first breath.
- Someone is falling happily into their bed after a long, exhausting drive.
- A parent is greeting their child after a long separation.
- A designated driver is bringing his or her friends safely home after a night of fun.
- The cast is coming off at last!
- Someone is driving down the road, head-banging to this song.
- The driver next to them has turned off their own radio, rolled down the windows, and is singing along.
So as you’re heading off to bed, I just want to give you a friendly reminder. You are beautiful. You are worthy. Your life has meaning. Sleep well, and sweet dreams, my dear.
Deb’s Inner Wise Self
P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want to pass on the lurve, wander on over to the sidebar on the right and click the Share button.